Trends and Timely Topics for HNW Clients in 2022
We are pleased to announce that Caroline Brooks, JD, CFP®, CLU, AVP & Counsel, Head of Advanced Markets, and John Fitzpatrick, ALMI®, ACS®, Regional Vice President, both with John Hancock, will be our guest speakers on “Trends and Timely Topics for HNW Clients in 2022” at our virtual “breakfast” meeting on Wednesday, January 26th, 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. followed by networking from 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
With major legislative changes sidelined (what were the proposed changes and what is the future of Build Back Better?), we’re talking about ways to get clients to move forward with plans now. This year, the estate and gift tax exemption has increased to $12,060,000. With less than four years on the clock before the lifetime exemption is set to be halved and other client concerns such inflation, market volatility and an ongoing pandemic, there are many strategies and techniques to consider implementing today. Join us as our presenters share timely planning ideas for engaging your high net worth clients in 2022, including:
Estate Planning in 2022
- Window is closing on exemptions – what’s holding HNW clients back from acting?
- Building flexibility where possible – SLATs, grantor trusts, etc.
- Private split dollar as an alternate way to fund insurance/liquidity need (with various exit strategies, including a “Wait and see” gift)
SECURE Act/Qualified Plans
- SECURE Act and legacy maximization (IRA max)
- To Roth or not? Roth conversion vs. retain IRA and purchase life insurance
Please click on the document link below for speaker bios and registration details for members and guests. Note, registration deadline is Monday, January 24th.